People First Community Funding
People First Credit Union is more than just a place for savings and loans, we are a place for community and support. Our Community Fund was set up to support local community organisations or charities that require extra funding for community-based projects.
Applying for the Community Funding
Applications must be from non-profit organisations or charities within our common bond area.
In making this application to People First Credit Union, please note the following:
- The application will be treated as incomplete without the form being completed in full.
- Only groups or organisations will be considered. People First Credit Union does not sponsor individuals.
- Eligible applicants must be members of People First Credit Union’s common bond. Please contact the office if you are unsure of your eligibility.
- People First Credit Union will agree funding guidelines to the recipient regarding photo opportunities, and PR opportunities.
- If funding has been approved, the contact as outlined above will be notified, however the funding will not be released until sponsorship guidelines have been carried out by the organisation and approved as satisfactory by People First Credit Union.
- Applicants, please feel free to attach further information to supporting your funding application.
- All organisations applying for People First Community Funding need to outline project details, including project amount.
- Funding will not be awarded to projects for two consecutive years running
- The committee meet once a quarter, four times a year in total to approve applications.
- Please download our Community Funding Application Form here
Membership has many benefits...
Flexible & Convenient Loans
Members can take out flexible loans immediately after joining, and repay at tailor-made schedules. Subject to criteria, all of our loans are fully insured (for free), against disability or death.
Our members have the option of registering for online banking, allowing you to transfer funds, pay bills, apply for our services and much more.
Quality Service from local staff with No Fees
You can be assured of a professional service from Credit Union at all times. Our phone lines are open Monday to Saturday for your convenience. You do not pay a transaction fee for saving with us, or borrowing money.
As well as transacting at the counter, members can pay in to their account by direct debit, standing order and credit transfer or by making a debit card payment through online banking.