People First Credit Union is committed to providing its members with valuable financial services.
We recognize that third-level education can be a financial burden on students and their families, we want to help reduce the financial strain of registration fees, rent, travel, bills, books etc.
With this in mind, we are giving away a total of €7,000 in Student Scholarships!
€1,000 will be awarded to one student from each of our 7 secondary schools in our common bond who are attending third-level for the first time in 2023.
This Award is not performance-based.
- St Mary's CBS, Portlaoise
- Scoil Chriost Rí, Portlaoise
- Portlaoise College, Portlaoise
- Dunamase College Choláiste Dhún Masc, Portlaoise
- Athy College, Athy
- Ardscoil na Trionóide, Athy
- Heywood Community School, Abbeyleix
- Your account must maintain membership between the 1st January and the 30th September in the calendar year you are applying for the Scholarship.
- Applicants must be a member of People First Credit Union (PFCU) and hold an active credit union account that meets AML compliance (i.e., up to date Photo ID and Proof of Address) in the year that you are making an application for the Scholarship Award.
- Applicants must be a student attending one of the 7 secondary schools located in the PFCU’s common bond area.
- Applicants must be applying for/entering into (for the first time) a Third Level education or a similar Level 5 Course that has a minimum 1-year duration.
- Winning entrants must provide evidence of acceptance and attendance of the first year in a full time Third Level course upon request.
- Only entries on the official application form (available in any PFCU branch offices or on our website) will be accepted and closing date for entries will be Sept 30th in each Scholarship year.
- One application per student may only be entered into the draw and all eligible applicants will be informed of the date of the draw.
- The draw will take place at the AGM each year, the draw will be conducted by an assigned panel of PFCU officers and the 7 winning entrants will be informed by PFCU following the draw.
Not a member? Join online today!Join Us
- Sinead Larkin – Scoil Chriost Rí Portlaoise
- Laura Vesey – Heywood Community School
- Gloria Okafor – Ardscoil Na Trionoide
- Cúán Tilson – Portlaoise College
- Jason Alade – St Marys CBS