We Are Giving Away Student Scholarships!
The purpose of the People Frist Credit Union is to provide its members with valuable financial services. With this in mind, we are giving away in total €7,000 in Student Scholarships - €1,000 per winning student from each of the seven secondary schools within our Common Bond area.
This award is for students entering third-level education.
We Want To Help
We recognize that third-level education can be a financial burden on students and their families so our Award will offer help in reducing the finanical strain of registration fees, rent, travel, bills, books etc.
How Can I Enter?
This Award is not performance-based. Applicants are welcome from members who have joined the People First Credit union before 1st June 2021.
Students can fill out an Application Form which is available throughout all branches, or submit details online as per the below Application Form.
Scholarship Application Form
You must be a current member of People First Credit Union and be actively using your Credit Union account on the year you are making the application for the scholarship award.
Your account must maintain membership between the 1st January and the 30th September in the calendar year you are applying for the Scholarship.
- Applicants must be a member of People First Credit Union (PFCU) and hold an active credit union account that meets AML compliance (i.e., up to date Photo ID and Proof of Address) in the year that you are making an application for the Scholarship Award.
- Applicants must be a student attending one of the 7 secondary schools located in the PFCU’s common bond area.
- Applicants must be applying for/entering into (for the first time) a Third Level education or a similar Level 5 Course that has a minimum 1-year duration.
- Evidence of acceptance of applicants first year in a full time Third Level course must be provided with a completed Scholarship Entry Form. Any forms not accompanied by proof of acceptance will be discarded.
- Only entries on the official application form (available in any PFCU branch offices or on our website) will be accepted and closing date for entries will be Sept 30th in each Scholarship year.
- One application per student may only be entered into the draw and all eligible applicants will be informed of the date of the draw.
- The draw will take place at the AGM each year, the draw will be conducted by an assigned panel of PFCU officers and the 7 winning entrants will be informed by PFCU following the draw.
- Results of the draw will be posted on PFCU social media platforms and the website.
- The winning entrants will receive a €1,000 payment at the end of the first academic year pending exam results (results need to be submitted to PFCU for payment).
- All winning entrants will be available to participate in promotional activities arranged by PFCU.
- The decision of the Board of PFCU is final, and the Board reserves the right to make any adjustments or amendments to these terms and conditions when necessary and at any time.
Membership has many benefits...
Flexible & Convenient Loans
Members can take out flexible loans 5 weeks after joining, and repay at tailor-made schedules. All our loans are fully insured (for free), against disability or death.
Quality Service, No Fees
You can be assured of a professional service from Credit Union at all times. And you do not pay a transaction fee for saving with us, or borrowing money.
Pay by Direct Debit
Arrange a Direct Debit payment from your bank and be sure of regular payments to your Credit Union account. We will send you a statement showing all transactions.